What does Human Resource mean?
Answer by A Quora admin:
Human Resources, deals with the human needs of employees. Individuals who work in HR really need to be a people person with a pleasant demeanor. HR has so many responsibilities that it is sometimes misunderstood. One thing that is certain, it is one of the most necessary departments in a corporate company environment. They have to be able to handle a crisis in a smooth, discreet manner. It can be related to health care issues, harassment, or employee disputes. They must also be trusted to keep an employee’s personal details to themselves. HR also tries to make sure that all employees are comfortable with their surroundings, and are working in a non-hostile environment.
Some of the responsibilities of HR are:
- Securing, offering and explaining benefits, like health insurances.
- Managing on-the-job health and safety issues.
- Offering information or advice on special work programs like reimbursement for continuing education.
- Advertising available jobs, screening applicants, setting up interviews and potentially hiring applicants.
- Handling all paperwork related to the hiring or firing of employees.
- Distributing paychecks and bonuses, although paycheck disbursement may be outsourced to another company.
- Helping workers apply for family leave, maternity leaves, sabbaticals or disability payments.
- Possibly participating in motivational company wide events.
- Approving performance reviews and assessing raises or promotions.
You can take some online free courses to study it by your own.
This article was published by Maslowed.Me – a career portal
- powered by Analytics
- committed to helping you make better career decisions
Visit us at www.maslowed.me